Sunday, March 15, 2009

Who Am I?

Decided I would do some self-reflection and pen down who I really am at this point in time. Was hesitant in putting them up on my blog but I figure since people have been complaining about not knowing me well, here's your chance. It won't be making some of you happy, but hey, I am not going to lie about it.

Note: be warned, this will obviously be a very self-centered post.

1) I used to want to be a monk, but upon deeper reflection, I can do more living in society.

2) That being said, I am still extremely spiritual. I believe in living virtuously – there are 3 things that I absolutely will not do intentionally: lie, steal & kill. I have not intentionally lied since 3 years ago.

3) I occasionally drink but no longer drink to the point of intoxication.

4) I NEVER cheat. NEVER. Never have, never will. I really, really hate cheaters.

5) Yes, I can be vain, oh yes. But this is only when I dress up and buy clothes, I do my best to remain humble in terms of the things I do and the actions I take.

6) I have started listening to my inner voice again, it tells me what I need to do, and I follow.

7) I want to make enough money to live a comfortable life. I don’t have to make TONS of it. Just enough so that I can get what I want (which is quite simple) without me having to think twice.

8) I don’t want to earn my money in a stressful, sinful way that eventually kills me physically, emotionally and spiritually.

9) As of right now, I would rather be a consultant than an I-banker. If it’s possible and would make me enough dough, I would love to be a counselor.

10) I haven’t made up any decision on whether I want to marry or start a family. This I leave up to God.

11) As of right now, I am happily single and do not mind being single for the rest of my life, if it means I can do what best serves Him and myself.

12) Despite me being an extrovert, I actually love solitude - I love spending time alone reflecting and when I don’t do this – that’s when I go crazy and stop being my real self with other people.

13) I love to just wander around with Mother Nature - insane as it sounds. I connect with the grass, the trees & the birds. I love spending time wandering around parks when there is a gentle breeze and the sun is shining in my face.

14) I enjoy the simple things in life. Nature and good companionship mean a lot to me.

15) I can be damn emotional – yes, I do cry (rarely). I can feel intense disappointment, anger, resentment but I do my best to meditate and pray to transform these feelings. I'm working on it. This is in contrast to my old self, where I had an extremely hot temper and would probably just scream at you. I pray very hard that I will no longer do this.

16) I have a (bad?) tendency not to keep in touch with people who don't fascinate me or who give away signs that they don’t like me.

17) For those of you who are frustrated, you probably need to try harder to keep in touch with me because I am horrible at maintaining relationships, especially long distance ones. I suggest e-mail or call me directly, coz I suck at Facebook and MSN.

18) If I can’t grow with you, if we don’t have deep, meaningful conversations, if all you can talk about is superficial stuff, you tend to disappear from my radar screen rather quickly. This is why I have so few close friends, whom I am very protective of and whom I sometimes end up smothering with too much attention. =P If you are one of them, thank you so much for your fellowship and for putting up with me. Your company is appreciated immensely and I am very grateful and honored to have you as my friend.

19) That being said, I am very open to meeting new people. I take a genuine interest in the people I meet & love digging up what makes people tick. Some people may find this intimidating or intruding, but really I'm just very interested in getting to know you.

20) I enjoy observing body language and social dynamics. So don’t try and lie or be fake around me please. =)

4 comments:

gloriatsan said...

last one: not very good at it :P :P

Tumultuous Silence said...

please la, i saw everything correctly. =P

gloriatsan said...

far from correct dude. they were correctly wrong.

Tumultuous Silence said...

hehe, you know better than that... =)