Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Leaf

It's night time and that's when I'm most emo
Listening to Yiruma right now
Sitting cozily in my bedroom
Lights are off, with a tinge of yellowness from my lamp

Reflected a lot today
Life is so interesting
So much has happened
And I'm really happy that things turned out this way

This is because that is
This happens because that happens

Went to my favourite place in Chicago today
The Japanese Gardens
So peaceful
So tranquil

Jumped and crunched on dry leaves
*Crunch* *Crunch*
Just like when I was kid

I saw a leaf fall
At that moment
It seemed that time stopped
The whole Universe
Came together
In that one leaf
Preparing itself
So that I would see it descend
Ever so gracefully

Memories from the past
Events of the present
Thoughts of the future
All came together
In that one leaf
As it fell
Gently
Onto the solid earth

Looking at the leaf
A smile appears
In that moment
The leaf became me
And I became the leaf

This is because that is
This happens because that happens

Whatever happens
Happiness is there
Love is there
They have always been there
Just waiting
To be discovered

No comments: