Thursday, December 17, 2009

Self-Reflection

P/S:
After re-reading this, I realize
that I really suck at poetry.
Ah whatever.

Sitting on my bed at 7am Finally home
Can't sleep
Jet lagged

Lots of thoughts
Come and go
I'll take this opportunity
To reflect on the past quarter

I know I keep saying this
So stop reading if you must
But I am truly grateful for this last quarter
It ended up as the best one yet

So much happened
Both good and bad
Yet through it all
I was so happy

Met new friends
Re-ignited old ones
Let go of dead branches
Nourished live ones
Had many wonderful moments
And some scary ones
Still
Through all that
At peace I was

Events of the past
That once haunted me
So grateful I am for having them
They have helped me grow
In ways
I couldn't have possibly imagined

Thanks to them
I found myself again
I realized what I really want
I rediscovered the Dharma

The painful and scary moments
I had this quarter
Were no biggie
Or at least not for long

They still hurt of course
But thanks to the past
I was able to deal with the present
In a much better light

I guess
Realization knocked on my head
Of what's truly important
And what's not

This quarter was marvelous
Full of laughter and joy
Enjoying each moment as it presents itself
The choices we make
Do change our lives

And yet I know
This is only just the beginning
There are more obstacles to come
For I never believe that life
Should or would
Be smooth-sailing

Yet
I also know
That despite this
There is much more joy
On the way

This is only the first step
I have much to learn
Much to experience
Much more to discover

Of course
This journey would not be complete
If it were not for you
Yes
You, my friend
You

I keep saying this
Perhaps you're numb already
But I don't care
I'll say it anyway

Thank you
Your presence
Your time
Your support
I will cherish our moments
Always

1 comment:

Andrew Loh said...

re: sucking at poetry

now only realize ah? :P