Thursday, January 15, 2009

Frostbite

Before I came to Chicago, one thing that many told me to watch out for was frostbite. And so, in my first year here, I would sometimes ask people what happens when I do get frostbite. I would sometimes worry that I would lose a digit or two to it.

Never did I imagine that I would actually get it. Especially not on my head.

Thank goodness Brandon and Cathy took a good look at my head and found out that what I initially thought was a bump was actually a whole bunch of blisters, rashes and bumps. God bless them. If they hadn't taken that second look, I would probably have just brushed it off as a bump. Thought I had gotten it while I was digging sled-lanes with Jerry for Simonia's birthday, as I fell down many times and I may just have hit a rock without realizing it.

So how does it feel now? Well, my inner left ear hurts. A lot. And it would have hurt a lot more had Gloria not realized that I had a lot of snow in there and brushed it off. There are now bumps growing around my ear as well, probably as a result of lymphatic fluid filling the skin up. What else? My head feels like its on fire. When I brush my hair, it feels like a thousand ants biting my head. And it keeps spreading. Now it's spread to my left eye. Will it stop there? *Shrugs*

So you may be asking, am I worried? Nah, not at all. I'll be going to the doctor's tomorrow to get it properly diagnosed. I'm hoping that it's mostly stage one (which means that my skin can probably be saved). Even if it's not, there's nothing much I can do about it anyway. Things don't always work out the way we want it to, but if you reflect upon them, things happen for a reason. I'll just hope for the best, and pray to God. =)

2 comments:

Serene said...

Oh dear! I hope it's nothing serious >.<

gloriatsan said...

whoa.. so it was frostbite! hope it goes away soon!