Monday, January 19, 2009

Lessons Learnt

Please don't mind me, this is just a random listing of thoughts that pop up during the last few days.

Being sick:

Now I know what friendship really means.

Now I know that loving care means so much more than being professional.

Now I know how it feels to be treated like an outcast.

Now I know how it feels when people look at you like you're a monster and laugh at you.

Now I know how much family means to me.

Now I know how wonderful my family really is.

Now I know how important being healthy is.

Now I know who my true friends are.

Now I know how it feels to be completely helpless and have someone help you.

Now I know how much I appreciate my sight.

Now I know how scary it is to go blind.

Now I know how to appreciate life so much more.

Now I really know that life is not all about work, work, work but really, it's about living it to the fullest.

Now I know that the nicest people are not the wealthiest people but the simplest people.

Now I know that people's time mean so much to me.

Now I know what it means to love and be loved.

Now I know how great God is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your last line, "Now I know how great God is."
Your suffering reminds me of Job in the Bible. When he lost his animals (wealth) and children, he "arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, and said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. (Job 1.20-21)
Verse 22 says, "In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly." Praise the Lord you can still glorify God in your suffering.
In chapter 2, we see, "So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown." Praise God you have shingles only on your head, Job had it from head to sole. Let's see how Job reacted when his wife asked him to curse God and die: Job 2:10 "But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips."
If you read on, you will find that the ending of Job was better than his beginning after the Lord healed him. He said, "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes." (Job 42:5-6)
He changed from a proud man to a humble man whom God was able to mold and touch - ready to be transformed into God's image.
So be of good cheer, my brother, God knows why He is doing all this to you. We are but a lump of clay in the good potter's hand. God bless you. Take care and get well soon.
From a brother in Christ.

Adrian said...

Wow... Thanks for such an encouraging comment!

Read Job after reading your comment. Very meaningful. =)

Thanks again and God bless you.