Saturday, June 7, 2008

Intention

One thing I realize about many people is that they do things without checking their intentions. What may seem to be the right action, if originating from wrong intentions, is wrong. What may seem to be the wrong action, if originating from right intentions, is alright. What are the right actions with the right intentions, are fantastic! In short, always do things with the right motivations.

And so, I wonder - do I do what I preach? Do I check my intentions? Do I do things with the right goals & motivations? Looking inside, I can say without a doubt that although I have done things with the wrong intention in the past, I have gotten a lot better as I grew older, as I matured. In the last year or so, I can say that about 99.99% of the actions I have taken have been done with the right intention. Whether these actions were right given the situation I cannot say - I am sure that I have made many wrong decisions, but I can say that these decisions were done with the right intentions.

What about you? Have you done things with the right intentions lately? When was the last time you checked and thought about it?

No comments: