Friday, October 30, 2009

As the Deer


Just re-discovered my favouritest Christian hymn of all time:



As the deer pants for streams of water
so my soul pants for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?
My tears have been my food
day and night,
while men say to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"
These things I remember
as I pour out my soul:
how I use to go with the multitude,
leading the procession to the house of God,
with shouts of joy and thanksgiving
among the festive throng.

Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Saviour and my God.

~Psalms 42:1-5~

Don't give up when all seems lost,
when it seems that all has forsaken you.
It is in your darkest moments
that goodness comes in its full glory.

The best is yet to be.