Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Definite Chief Aim in Life

Was just reading a book by Napoleon Hill, and something really struck me:

95% of the people in this world are just wandering around unsure of what they want.

Question to ask myself: do I have a definite chief aim in life?

My immediate answer: Yes. I want to be a monk.

Question: But why do I want to be a monk?

Answer:
I've seen enough bloodshed and suffering in this world. And experienced enough of it. Where do these problems come from? They come from ourselves - from our own pride, hatred and greed.

There is a way out. And my goal in life is to spread this way out - through the teachings of love and understanding. I want to reach out to people, to be there for them, to embrace their suffering, and make it my own.

Ultimately, no matter what we chase after, people just want to be loved, to be understood, to be happy. We want the human touch.

I want to be that human touch.

No comments: