Friday, February 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

I'm turning 21 this coming Sunday but strangely, I don't have any expectations for the day nor for the periods that follow.

Many people mark their 21st as an important event, and I used to think likewise too. But thinking seriously about it, the 21st birthday really doesn't matter that much to me. Age is just a measure of time, time is just a measure of change. Me turning 21 is just a matter of me changing, as I always am. Nothing big about it.

Hence, I have made a decision NOT to attempt anything special on my birthday, will just be happily working at the library, as I do every Sunday. It would be great if someone does take the initiative to celebrate it with me, and I would really, really appreciate it, but if no one does, it really does not matter. I have no expectations about it. Life still goes on, as it always does.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADRIAN!

No comments: