Monday, May 11, 2009

Teaching

Just came back from giving a introductory presentation of technical analysis to the Associate members of Blue Chips.

I realize that I really enjoy teaching. I love presenting ideas to people and watching them learn. When I see my students smile and laugh as I teach, a rose in my heart blossoms with joy. More importantly, I realize that I learn at the same time I teach. I learn more not only about the subject matter, but more importantly, about myself.

Haha, that being said, I probably would hate the mundane side of teaching. Preparing the materials, administrative work - not my cup of tea.

One thing's for sure, I need to be a workplace in which I can interact with people, teach and learn at the same time. Career paths that come to mind right now:

- management consulting (presenting to clients)
- seminar instructor (how to invest/how to live your life)
- personal counselor/human resource trainer (I get to run personality type tests and reach out to people)
- preacher/monk (give talks on my favorite topic - how to apply religion/philosophy into your life!)

Haha, the possibilities are endless! I love teaching. =)

2 comments:

njahmat said...

adrian, indeed! you are very good at it! it's awesome how your life is opening up to you. i'm still really really scared/confused about what i really wanna do after i graduate! good luck, but i KNOW that you'll make it far in life, that's guaranteed. God willing=)

Tumultuous Silence said...

wah NJ, thanks so much for your comment and for the hug this morning! it was a great start to my day! =D

eh... i know how that feels kawan. i felt that way much of my life actually. here's the thing la, there's no way someone can ever be absolutely sure of what he or she wants to do.

but that's what makes it so exciting kan? the journey of discovering oneself is part of an exhilarating process - what makes it so fun is you never know what will happen! =)