Thursday, April 9, 2009

Green

Jealousy
rears his ugly head once more
disguising himself as Reason.

He knocks on my door
smiling, slyly

But I see through you now, my friend

'Come in'
I say
'But take off your disguise
Please don't fool me anymore
I can see who you really are'

'Come join me for some tea'
He enters, confused, disguised no more
He sits
I bring biscuits and a pot of hot tea

A long moment of silence passes
I enjoy my sips of tea
'Why won't you play with me anymore?
We used to have so much fun'
He asks, frustrated

I put down my cup of tea
I take a deep breath
'Because I know who you are now
You have tricked me
many a time
You disguise yourself as Reason
so that I would entertain you
You come into my house
and wreck havoc in my household
No more, my friend
No more'

He looked hurt

I console him -
'Don't be sad
I understand
You've gone through much pain I know
And because you suffer,
you put your suffering on others
thinking it's all fun
But my friend,
you needn't suffer
Meet Joy, Peace and Grace
Learn from them
Make friends with them
Transform yourself
For I have too'

He looked happier

'I think I'll leave now
Thank you so much'

'No, thank you'

He leaves
I smile
Goodbye, my friend
I await you

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Btw grace here...a very honest and victorious post. i commented as an anonymous, incase u think is 'jelousy'...lol

Tumultuous Silence said...

hi grace! haha, which grace is this btw?

thanks for coming by my blog and for those compliments. much appreciated. =)