Friday, April 10, 2009

Loneliness

As I lay on my bed
a moment of weakness
comes over me

Thoughts arose -
Nobody understands me
I am all alone
The world works against me

But then
it struck me
right through the center of my heart
What about Jesus?

Can you imagine how he felt?
As he died upon the cross?

In that last hour of darkness and despair
Forsaken by society
Forsaken by his closest disciples
Forsaken by God

Why was he forsaken?
Because he taught the Truth.

He hung upon the cross.
Alone.

Can you imagine how that must feel?

His clothes torn out and ripped to shreds
His body pierced by a spear
With nobody to understand him, to help him, to hear him

And yet, he did it
willingly
He did it for us

Even at that last hour
his last thoughts were
for us to be saved
How noble, how selfless

How can our suffering compare to his?
For he has suffered much, much more

So if you ever feel as if -
Nobody understands you
You are all alone
The world works against you

Remember this
You are not alone
He has suffered
a much greater sorrow
And because he has
God understands you
and has set you free

Understanding this
My negative thoughts went away
Joy and peace returned

My friend
I vow to understand and help relieve
the suffering of all living beings
For I too
have suffered
For I know how it feels
to be hurt
to be in pain

That is why
I am here for you

I pray that you too
Will learn to understand others
as they too, suffer like you
Let us learn
from the one
who died on the cross
for Truth
for our sake

To my Christian friends,
have a blessed Good Friday!

No comments: